- Certified Strategic Planning Professional by the Association for Strategic Planning.
- 12 years of experience in strategic planning, project management, policy analysis, and innovation roles in
technology and healthcare spanning the higher education, government, nonprofit, and private sectors.
- Relationship-broker for partnerships spanning disciplines, organizations, cultures, and countries.
- Exceptional writing skills, including speeches, briefs, memos, proposals, and executive communications.
- Overseas experience in Ethiopia, Ghana, South Africa, Liberia, Kenya, and Switzerland.
- Member of teams funded by national and international government agencies and private foundations.
- Research experience, with results published in peer-reviewed journals, conferences, and a book chapter.
- Former facilitator for in-person and remote activities for outreach and collaboration, including communities of interest, workshops, digital repositories, and customer relationship management systems.
- Recommendations available on LinkedIn (public) and via Interfolio (emailed upon request).
Training and Education
- Fellow, Group on Information Resources Leadership Institute, Association of American Medical Colleges.
- Master of Public Policy, University of Michigan.
- Master of Science in Information, University of Michigan.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Hope College.
- Bachelor of Arts with majors in International Studies and French, Hope College.
- Semester Abroad Program on International Organizations and Social Justice, School for International Training in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Rule of 3: Any new project, initiative, or organization goes from a wildly ambitious idea to a feasible opportunity once you have a team of 3 or more talented, committed people at the core.
- We can always learn something from each other, no matter who.
- If we are able to see beyond the current obstacles and persist, we can create a better future.