- 11 years of experience in strategic planning, project management, and policy analysis roles in technology and healthcare spanning the higher education, government, nonprofit, and private sectors.
- Relationship-broker for partnerships spanning organizations, disciplines, cultures, and countries.
- Exceptional writing skills, including speeches, briefs, memos, proposals, and executive communications.
- Overseas experience in Ethiopia, Ghana, South Africa, Liberia, Kenya, and Switzerland.
- Member of teams funded by national and international government agencies and private foundations.
- Rule of 3: Any new project, initiative, or organization goes from a wildly ambitious idea to a feasible opportunity once you have a team of 3 or more talented, committed people at the core.
- We can always learn something from each other, no matter who.
- We each have the ability make the world a better place in significant ways through small to large actions.
- If we are able to see beyond the current obstacles and persist, we can create a better future.
Training and Education
- Fellow, Group on Information Resources Leadership Institute, Association of American Medical Colleges.
- Master of Public Policy, University of Michigan.
- Master of Science in Information, University of Michigan.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Hope College.
- Bachelor of Arts with majors in International Studies and French, Hope College.
- Semester Abroad Program on International Organizations and Social Justice, School for International Training in Geneva, Switzerland.